Thoughtful Faith Community
Sundays at RRCB
Thoughtful Faith Community Programming Schedule
Last week we announced that Thoughtful Faith Community—TFC for short—is moving to Sunday evenings. The Board of Christian Education & Spiritual Formation (BCESF) and pastoral staff are excited about this change, and we hope you are, too!
Following our Celebration Sunday kick-off, the first TFC night is September 17, 2023!
This week we want to announce the list of programs for all ages—adults, youth, and children. We do not plan to record or livestream these programs, so we hope you can be there! And while we hope you can join us for the whole evening, you are welcome to attend any program whether or not you plan on eating supper.
On September 24 and October 15, children, youth, and adults will all meet together for the program. The last TFC night will be December 17—followed by Christmas Eve the next Sunday!
In the coming weeks we hope to provide more details about our supper plans with chef Stan Barnett, as well as weekly volunteer opportunities to assist in the kitchen.
If you missed it, or want to refresh your memory, you can read the full announcement here:
A Streamlined Schedule
- 4:00-4:45 p.m.: River Road Camerata
- 4:45-5:15 p.m.: Youth Choir (6th-12th grades), Jubilate Choir (2nd-5th grades), and Carol Choir (age 4-1st grade)
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Community Meal and Chancel Ringers Rehearsal
- 5:45-7:00 p.m.: Youth Group and Children’s Rec & Missions
- 6:00-7:00 p.m.: Adult Program/Missions
The goal will be for most everyone to begin and end at the same time.
The BCESF program committee has confirmed the first half of programs for the fall semester, the second half will be announced later this month. These programs will be offered during the 6:00-7:00 p.m. timeslot.
- September 10— Celebration Sunday: Churchwide Picnic & Fair
- September 17— Telling Our Story: The Broadnax Family
- September 24— Youth & Children: How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- October 1— Not Your Mother’s Bible Study: Finding & Being Community with Bert Browning & Beth Bailey
- October 8— The Eras Tour (RRCB’s Version): What Taylor Swift Can Teach Us About Community
- October 15— Community Mission: College Care Packages & Homebound Cards
- October 22— Telling Our Story: Doctors Without Borders with The Elliot Family
- October 29— Community Night: Speed Chats
The Youth Group will continue to meet on Sunday evenings. They offer a mix of Bible study, devotion, missions, and games for 6th-12th graders. Youth will begin meeting on August 27, 2023.
Children’s Rec & Missions
Children age 4 through 5th grade will gather for recreation and missions. For missions, children will use Pathlight, a missions curriculum provided by Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF). Nursery care is available for children infants to age 3 upon request. Children will begin meeting on September 17, 2023.