Truth and Dare: Discovering the Freedom of Authenticity and the Beauty of Imperfection
February 7-8, 2014
WomanKind was conceived by the Episcopal Church Women (ECW) of St. James’s Church in 2004 as a way to bring together women in all of our diversity to share their experiences, insights and questions on the path towards spiritual renewal. Every year since then, they have organized and produced a day and half of study, prayer, fellowship and worship that continues to knit together women of faith throughout the mid-Atlantic.
- Study: Hearing and learning makes us ready for joyful engagement with the world.
- Prayer: Prayer for each other blesses us and engages us in an affirming personal ministry.
- Worship: Praising our God mends our spirits and lifts our hearts at WomanKind.
- Fellowship: Breaking the bonds of isolation encourages our open hearts at WomanKind.
WomanKind 2014 is scheduled for February 7-8, 2014. You can attend one or both days. Friday (6pm-9pm) includes evening registration, a reception, and session, while Saturday (8:15am-4:30pm) includes worship, sessions, lunch, breakouts, and afternoon Eucharist. The cost for both days is $100. (Friday only is $55; Saturday only is $85.) To register or for more information, visit their website: www.womankindrichmond.org.
“Womankind is a one-of-a-kind experience. The program is exceedingly well-thought out and the organizers attract nationally known speakers and authors. You will bump into old friends and make new ones. And the food served is exquisite! Once you go, you will sign up every time Womankind is offered!” – Maria, previous attendee
Saturday workshops are offered twice and include:
- Faith and the Practice of Writing;
- Women, Art, and Spirit;
- Choosing to Live Loved;
- Creating Sacred Space;
- Transitions: Moments of Change in Our Lives;
- The Extraordinary Power of Ordinary Kindness; and
- Ending the Internal Mommy Wars.
Feel free to leave a comment to let us know you plan to attend!