Sunday, August 7
5:00-8:00 p.m., North Parking Lot
You can’t have Thoughtful Faith without a healthy melon. Join us and invite family, friends, and neighbors on Sunday, August 7 for fun, food, and fellowship.
Things to look forward to:
- Free Watermelon
- Ice Cream Bar
- Food Trucks
- Carnival Games for Kids
- Cake Walk
- Jonathan Austin, juggler and magician
- Historical Tours of the church at 6pm and 7pm (we did just celebrate our 70th anniversary!)
Please fill out the form below and check the places where you’d like to volunteer. Most opportunities only require two volunteers, you can sign up as a couple, parent and youth, or friends who haven’t seen each other much this summer.
- Ice Cream Bar – Oversee the ice cream table (in the lower commons), help scoop ice cream, and keep the self serve topping bar tidy.
- Watermelon – Oversee the watermelon table (outside), keep it stocked, and cut up watermelon as needed.
- Carnival Games – Oversee the carnival games, ensure they are being played properly, and help give out token prizes.
- Cake Walk Donations – 50 volunteers are needed to provide one cake or one dozen cupcakes by August 5. Please coordinate directly with Deb Gray (804-512-1730).
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Watermelon Festival – Volunteer Sign Up’][contact-field label=’Name(s)’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Carnival Games (2), 5:00-6:00′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Carnival Games (2), 6:00-7:00′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Carnival Games (2), 7:00-8:00′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Questions?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]