Please look for Micah brochures on the missions tables and in Sunday School classrooms. In them you will find several easy ways to help at the school and also a brief description of many volunteer possibilities during the year.
Training Sessions at Oak Grove Elementary School:
Tuesday, September 29 at 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, September 30 at 4:30 p.m.
You might want to be part of the Literacy Initiative. This is a program started last year in which volunteers work with a kindergarten student and a first grader – one half hour each – to bolster their literacy skills and foster a love of reading. Books and activity packets are provided. Activities include learning the alphabet, recognizing sight words, rhyming words, and lots more. Literacy days and times are Monday – Thursday, 9:20-10:45 a.m. and Wednesday 2:00-3:10 p.m.
Following are requests for help from individual teachers. In most cases day and time will be decided by the teacher and the volunteer. Those listed first are more specific.
- Kindergarten classroom assistant – afternoon
- 1st grade classroom assistant – after 12:00 p.m. – help students with math and language arts
- 2nd grade classroom assistant – 12:30 – 2:30 Tuesday or Thursday
- Librarian – shelving books and/or laminating – mornings
- Kindergarten classroom assistant – TBD
- 1st grade classroom assistant – TBD
- 3rd grade teacher – filing only TBD
- 4th grade teacher – filing only – TBD
- PE teacher – TBD
- Art teacher – classroom help, hanging pictures, preparing materials TBD