Vacation Bible School
July 10-14, 2017
We are so excited about VBS Week at RRCB July 10-14, 2017. Please consider volunteering. It is such a fun week to share the joy of the Lord with wonderful children and youth. Last year we were able to host over 100 children! Without the help of volunteers, we would not be able to have such a successful VBS week. Please review the list of opportunities below. The VBS Team is looking for both adult and youth volunteers. Childcare is available for volunteers who have children under 4.
Adult volunteers are required to have a background check. Please print out, complete, and return the Background Check Consent Form to the church office.
The VBS Team will be available at a table in the Upper Commons during the receptions on Sundays, April 30 and May 7. You can ask any questions about volunteer opportunities and sign up to volunteer. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will you serve?
Prior to VBS:
- Pray for the children and volunteers
- Make decorations and decorate the church
- The VBS Team is planning to make and hang decorations on Sunday, June 4 after worship. Pizza will be provided!
During VBS Week:
- Elementary Recreation Leader: guide children through games and other recreation activities
- Preschool Leaders: lead preschool age children through a series of stations taught by other volunteers
- Elementary Leaders: lead elementary age children (K-5th grade) through a series of stations morning taught by other volunteers
- Assist a preschool or elementary leader for one or more days in a classroom
- Provide childcare for the VBS volunteers’ children
- Youth to assist with opening and closing worship programs (playing music, leading prayer)
- Photographer: take pictures of various activities throughout the week of VBS and use selected pictures to create a slide show to show at the luncheon [does not have to come everyday]
- Take down decorations following VBS luncheon
- Pray for the children who attended
Please contact our VBS team at email@example.com or by using the form below if you are interested in volunteering in one or more of the areas above. Additionally, you have an opportunity to identify the days you are available. The VBS Team will work to match interests with available positions.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’VBS Volunteer Form’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Please list all of the positions you%26#039;re interested in.’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Please check the days that you available to volunteer.’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ options=’All Week,Monday 7/10,Tuesday 7/11,Wednesday 7/12,Thursday 7/13,Friday 7/14’/][contact-field label=’Questions? Comments?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]