Adult Wednesday Night Program
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
6:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
Ronald A. Crutcher is a national leader in higher education, an accomplished institutional administrator, and a distinguished classical musician and Professor of Music. He became President and Professor of Music at the University of Richmond on July 1, 2015.
Dr. Crutcher was President of Wheaton College in Massachusetts from 2004 to 2014. Prior to that, he was Provost of Miami University of Ohio (of which he is an alumnus), Director of the Butler School of Music and holder of the Florence Thelma Hall Centennial Chair in Music at the University of Texas at Austin, and Dean of the Cleveland Institute of Music.
He currently serves as co-chair of LEAP (Liberal Education and America’s Promise), the Association of American Colleges & Universities’ national campaign to promote wider understanding of the importance of liberal education in preparing students for careers and citizenship. He has also served on the boards of the American Council on Education and the Fulbright Association and was Chair of the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts.
Dr. Crutcher has taught numerous music courses — in performance and on history and appreciation — and most recently co-taught a first-year seminar, “From the River of Jordan to Jazz and Beyond.” He is a former member of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and several other symphonies and currently performs in the U.S. and Europe as a member of The Klemperer Trio.
- May 4: Catch the Spirit: What Happened After We Got Off the Bus, 6:30 p.m., Assembly Room
- May 11: Micah Project & Ecology led by Bob Argabright, 6:30 p.m., Assembly Room
- May 18: State of the Church Chat with Dan Bagby & Committees, 6:30 p.m., Assembly Room
- May 25: Children’s Musical: Elijah, 6:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
5:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
Menu for Adults & Children: Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie, Salad Bar, & Chef’s Choice Dessert
Dinner Cost: $7/Adults, $7/Youth, $3/Children, $20/Family Max
Dinner reservations are required. Please make your dinner reservation by Monday, April 25 at 11:00 a.m. You may contact the Church Office, email Susan Young, fill out the form below, or place a reservation card in the offering plate on April 24.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Wednesday Night Dinner Reservation’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’# Adults’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Youth’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Children’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 4/27′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 5/4′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 5/11′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 5/18′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 5/25′ type=’checkbox’/][/contact-form]
Regular Wednesday Schedule
- 4:30 p.m. River Road Camerata
- 5:15 p.m. Children’s dinner line opens
- 5:30 p.m. Adult dinner line opens
- 6:00 p.m. Children’s Choirs
- Cherub Choir, Preschool Area
- Carol Choir, Youth Choir Room
- Crusader Choir, Main Choir Room
- 6:00 p.m. Youth Pause, Youth Area
- 6:30 p.m. Adult Program, Assembly Room or Fellowship Hall
- 6:30 p.m. Chancel Bell Choir, Bell Room