Does God Care About Injustice? with Dr. Mark Biddle
September 16 & 23, 2020
7:00 p.m., Zoom
There is heightened awareness and talk about racial injustice these days. Not that it’s new, it’s just getting a dose of needed attention. To be sure, there are many kinds of injustice, as people are discriminated against or exploited all across the world for varying reasons. What does scripture say about it? Does God care about it? If God does care, why does it persist? Join us as we explore this conversation with Dr. Mark Biddle.
Many of you are familiar with Dr. Biddle, as he has taught among us before. As an Old Testament scholar, seminary professor, journal editor, minister, parent, and musician, he brings much to the dialogue and learning process.
These two sessions will help set off a series of conversations and opportunities throughout the year that will stretch and help encourage us as we seek ways to love God and God’s world better, with greater awareness and sensitivity.
How will the program work?
While these sessions are offered at a specific time, they will also be recorded for later listening or viewing on the church website, though watching later will not be interactive like the live Zoom will be. In each session, there will be a presentation piece along with time to ask questions, followed by an opportunity for discussion for any who choose to stay and listen or share.
After signing up, you will receive a Zoom link via email, along with instructions for participating.
First time using Zoom? That’s okay!
- Pre-download Zoom here (it includes links to download mobile apps for Apple and Android devices).
- Unless you have a top notch internet connection at your home, it is recommended that other family members stay off internet during the Zoom (or at least do not stream video, play online games, etc.).
- For the same reason, you will probably only want one connection in the house to the Zoom meeting. In other words, spouses should share the same phone or computer instead of being on separate devices.
- If you lose your connection during the call, go back to the link provided above and log back in.
- When you initially log in, mute your microphone and open up the chat feature to type questions and comments. After the initial greeting, we’ll have you turn your microphones back on for conversation.
Sign up for September 16:
Sign up for September 23: