LIVE Worship Broadcast
(scroll down to view all information)
In-Person Worship Information
Dear River Road Church family,
Our church’s Re-Entry Task Force has continued to meet and monitor pandemic risks and we are encouraged to see the numbers and trends showing significant improvement. New cases, hospitalizations, deaths and positivity rates, while still high, are trending down. Moreover, vaccinations to those most at risk are increasing.
We believe we are nearing the time when we will be able to accommodate in-person worship, with limitations in place (see below), for those who would desire to join in-person.
Those attending in-person worship will follow safety protocols the Re-Entry Task Force established during September, 2020. As a reminder, the following guidelines apply:
- Masks covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times while inside the building.
- 6 feet of physical distance must be maintained.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in the narthex.
- Reservations for in-person worship must be made in advance, as seating in the sanctuary will be allocated and spaced. Attendees will be escorted in and out to maintain proper distancing.
- The length of the service will be abbreviated to limit gathering time inside.
- Speaking and singing will be done by those in the chancel.
We have provided an informative video (please watch to the end) describing the process and practices we have put in place.
Reservations are required for worship attendance. After watching the video, you may make your reservation. Seating is by household, so only one reservation is necessary.
Please note, it is absolutely acceptable and faithful to continue to stay home and worship online at rrcb.org/live. We are not asking anyone to return to in-person worship, rather we are simply making the opportunity available to those who are seeking it.
Finally, we wish to express a word of gratitude to our ministers who have loved us, cared for our needs, nurtured our faith, and kept us steady throughout massive change—all the while they themselves have been faced with the same challenging environment and risks. We also express gratitude to our church family who have lovingly adapted to these necessary changes. We give thanks.
Kathryn Norman, Chair
Ad-Hoc Re-Entry Task Force
Important notes about in-person worship:
- In-person worship is by reservation only. There is limited seating available, and seating is arranged by household.
- Attendees should park in the South Lot, across River Road. A HCPD officer will be present to help with crossing.
- Everyone over the age of two must wear a mask that covers nose and mouth.
- Everyone must keep six feet of physical distance between households.
- Doors open and seating begins at 10:40. Attendees will be directed to available seats by ushers.
- There is no congregational singing. All singing will be from leadership in the chancel.
- Participants will be invited to offer spoken responses to our scripture readings and share the Lord’s Prayer aloud.
- Offering plates will not be passed during service. Offerings may be left in the plate in the narthex upon arrival, mailed to the church office, given online, or through a recurring bank draft.
- Restrooms are for emergencies only, and are available through exterior entrance to the immediate right of the sanctuary. The service will be held to 45 minutes.
- Ushers will dismiss row by row following the benediction and closing voluntary.
- Nursery and worship care will not be provided. Sunday School and other fellowship gatherings will remain online.
Please click the play / arrow button below to watch the Re-Entry Information Video.
To assist with our planning for in-person worship, we ask you to go ahead and sign up for any worship service you’d like to attend in the next four weeks, including Easter Sunday. This will allow us to plan responsibly to accommodate worshipers during this holy time of year for the Church.
We invite you to join us for our live service broadcast below. On Sunday, April 18, 2021, the livestream will begin at 10:50 a.m. with pre-worship music. Please download or print the bulletin in preparation for worship.
Please click the play / arrow button below to begin the live video feed.
RRCB Email Communications
If you aren’t currently receiving electronic ministry newsletters and other timely electronic communications from River Road Church, please sign up here today. Especially now, your ministerial staff is diligently working to keep us connected as a church family while we are physically apart, and we want you to have the latest news as soon as it’s available. After signing up, please check your email and look for a message from Constant Contact. In that email, you will be able to confirm your subscription. (You can view a sample confirmation email here.)
Sign up and choose any or all:
- Children 0-5 — children’s ministry updates and information
- River Road Church, Baptist — prayer-focused email on Sundays, e-Spire (weekly church news) on Tuesdays, and worship reminder on Thursdays.
- Youth Parents & Students — youth ministry updates and information