Pastoral Care Guidance for Deacons, Stephen Ministers, and the Congregation of River Road Church, Baptist
Stress and Anxiety Care
Ten main stressors:
- Compressed time: Frazzled from hectic daily schedules.
- Communication overload: Information glut (cell phone/texting).
- Disconnection of significant relationships.
- Cost and enticement: What it costs to live.
- Competition: for adequacy/place/recognition.
- Depersonalization: Rudeness, loss of respect.
- Dependence on technology: pace requires flawless perform.
- Change: Happens at quicker pace; out of our control.
- Struggling with expectations.
- Complexity: Balancing more demands than ever.
Questions to ask:
- Feel continually rushed and pressed for time?
- How long since you did anything fun?
- Become more irritable or impatient as the month progresses?
- Neglecting your health in any way?
- Feel dissatisfied or discontent with the past year?
- Feel apprehensive about the family gathering?
- Anticipating a change in your life you’ve been resisting or avoiding?
- A relationship in your life that needs attention?
- Plagued with the nagging sensation that something is missing in your life?
- Headaches/anxiety/muscular tension/sleep/stomach/spending/ appetite/irritability/tight, clenched jaw/worry/distracted/resentful?