CARITAS is Coming
May 31 – June 7
We are hosting 40 women.
We did not have a February CARITAS because they are coming in the late spring.
Online sign up is now available through Access ACS. This is the same sign up process the Deacons are using for their assignments. For more information about the Access ACS sign up process, here is a link to the Deacons’ instructions. The only change is in step two; you won’t be looking for Deacons’ opportunities, but instead opportunities listed “CARITAS.” You can also search keywords, “dinner,” “lunch,” and “cookies.”
Sign Ups Available Online for Daily Needs
Serve Dinner & Make Lunches – One person from your Sunday School class or small group should sign up. This person will be the contact person for the class. (You can determine among yourselves who will actually be there.) Make 80 Cookies – We need 80 cookies per day; we will need 2 cookies in a ziplock bag for 40 lunches. You will bring the cookies to the Church on the morning of an assigned day.
- Spending the Night – This can be two men, two women, married couples, or parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
- General/Miscellaneous Help – If you are available on a certain day and would like to plug in somewhere, please let us know and someone will follow up with you on how you can help.
Sign Ups Available Online for Special Needs/Activities
- Cot Set Up – Help set up the cots before the CARITAS guests arrive. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours.
- Foot Ministry (Spa Night) – Thursday, June 5 – Provide pedicures and other “pampering services” (haircuts, sewing, etc.).
- Hot Breakfast
Coordinator– At least one person to coordinate the set up and serving of the breakfast on Saturday, June 7 before the women leave.
- Bring Food
- Serve Food
- Pillowcase Ministry – Help sew pillowcases prior to CARITAS guests arriving. If you have any questions, please contact Anita McAllister. (Friday, May 23)
- Specialty/Additional Help – If there is a special talent you would like to share with the CARITAS guests, please sign up. This can range from a BINGO night or Bible Study. If you’re interested, sign up and someone will be in touch with you to follow up.
Please put them on the Missions Tables in the Upper or Lower Commons
- Toiletries – We need travel- and trial-sized items to put in the care packages we provide for our guests.
- Bar Soap
- Knitting Supplies – The Knit Wits are going to teach the women how to knit, so they will need donations. (You will not get the supplies back.)
- Knitting Needles
- Writing Supplies – There will be a writing table set up for women to journal or write letters to friends and family.
- Blank Cards