In response to parents’ requests and changing times, River Road Preschool will be expanding its program and hours of operation for the 2014 – 2015 school year. Most importantly, the Preschool will continue to provide the same outstanding developmental preschool it has now, but will incorporate an enhanced program of enriching activities for longer hours of the day.
A national center of the year award winner, the Preschool has always provided a strong half day developmental program but with limited extended care in the afternoons. For the last six years, the Preschool has been offering some unique afternoon interest sessions for children, which have been very popular. This year the closing time was even changed to 4:00 p.m, but for many of our working parents, the program additions still have not covered the number of hours they need care for their children.
The Preschool Development Committee has listened to our parents’ requests and, beginning in September, River Road Preschool will provide programs for children during the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. for the academic year, September through mid-June. The Preschool will be providing the same good program it has always offered children but with some new additional offerings for those families who need the extra time so that their children might be able to attend.
The new schedule for the Preschool will be as follows:0
- 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.: Early Morning Center Time
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Preschool for children 1-5 years of age
- 12:00 – 1:45 p.m.: Lunch Bunch (Adventures Programs and Kindergarten Readiness Programs also are offered during this time period.)
- 1:45 – 4:00 p.m.: Extended Afternoon* (1:45 – 2:45 p.m., activity sessions such as dance, soccer, basketball, martial arts, exercise, etc., are also offered.)
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Late Day Center Time
*Children ages 1 and 2 who stay extended hours will have their own special programs from 12:00 – 5:30 p.m.
The preschool will have an open house on December 11 to introduce its new program.