Churches in the Richmond Baptist Association (RBA) are collecting school supplies for distribution to public school children at the three inner-city Baptist Centers. Last year’s collection benefited over 800 children. The Board of Missions invites River Road Church members to participate. School backpacks may be purchased and filled with school supplies or school supplies can be purchased separately. See the shopping lists below. Also, socks and underwear for children, kindergarten through high school, are being collected. If would like to make a donation, but cannot shop, please contact Wyatt Heisler.
Bring your donations to the Missions Tables located in the Upper and Lower Commons of the church. The deadline for the school supply collection is Sunday, August 11. If you have questions, please contact Wyatt Heisler (804-741-9320) or any member of the Board of Missions.
During Vacation Bible School (VBS), children will be learning about “being good neighbors.” One of the ways to be a good neighbor is to bring school supplies for children who cannot afford to buy them. VBS participants will be asked to bring school supplies to support this ministry.
Printable shopping lists are available below.
- RBA School Supplies Shopping Lists – Both Backpacks & Individual Supplies
- RBA School Supplies – Filled Backpacks
- RBA School Supplies – Individual Items
- Backpack (study, large enough for notebooks and textbooks)
- 1 three-ring binder and divider tabs
- 1 or 2 packs loose-leaf paper (wide or standard ruled, 200 sheets total)
- 4 black-and-white composition books
- 2 one-subject notebooks
- 1 three- or five-subject spiral notebook
- 5 to 8 No. 2 pencils (no mechanical)
- 5 to 8 black or blue ink pens (erasable/no gel)
- A Christian bookmark or something similar, appropriate for children
- 2” three-ring binders
- colored pencils
- erasers: pencil top & block
- Elmer’s glue: 4 oz.
- glue sticks
- pencil boxes
- tissues: large box & pocket
- pocket folders (with or w/out brads) in solid colors
- red pens
- markers (washable, 8/10 pack, wide/thin)
- pencil sharpeners (small hand-held)
- blank CDs
- calculator: 4-function
- zippered pencil pouches for 3-ring binder
- zip-lock bags (quart and gallon sizes)
- rulers (12 inch/metric)
- crayons (pack of 16 or 24)
- 3×5 index cards & file box
- protractors: clear scissors (pointed or blunt, metal)
- water-color paint kits
- dictionary: pocket-size
- hand sanitizer: regular size