Preschool Director Position Opening
River Road Church Preschool Development Center
The next Director of the River Road Church Preschool Development Center (RRCP) will have the opportunity to lead a preschool that has been recognized as the best in the country by the National Association for Early Learning Leaders. The Director will lead a team of highly qualified teachers who are committed to offering the best in early childhood development to more than 200 children and their families.
The Director reports to the Pastor of River Road Church, Baptist, and works as a member of the Pastor’s management team. The preschool is an important program of the church although it is distinctly different from the Church’s children’s Christian education ministry.
The next Director follows four previous directors who were widely respected in the field of early childhood education. He or she will have the opportunity to build on the sound foundation established over the last 40+ years to ensure that the preschool continues to serve the community by providing a safe and nurturing environment for children to grow academically, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
RRCP’s Preschool Director will be responsible for leading the organization, including roughly 35 faculty and staff positions. The Director is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the preschool maintains NAC (National Accreditation Commission) accreditation.
- Leading the day-to-day operations, including scheduling, curriculum development, and program development.
- Hiring and supervising faculty and staff.
- Being the outward face of the preschool to ensure that enrollment remains strong.
- Assessing and responding to the needs of the families we serve.
- Working with the Pastor’s senior management team to ensure a strong relationship with the Church.
Successful candidates will have backgrounds that demonstrate a passion for early childhood education through their own educational focus and through work experience. In addition, the next Director will have:
- The ability to form strong relationships and a bent toward collaboration – with teachers, parents, program partners, and members of the Church.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing people.
- A desire to be the outward face of the school and to interact with the broader community to increase awareness and drive enrollment.
- The ability to develop and manage a budget.
- Familiarity with National Accreditation Commission (NAC) accreditation standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Candidates should have met or be prepared to meet accreditation requirements:
- Six college credits (semester hours) in business administration/program management OR a state-approved Director / Administrator Credential.
- A minimum of one year of experience in administration of an early childhood program and a minimum of two years of teaching in an early care and education classroom.
Candidates should be comfortable promoting Christian values. They do not need to be a member of River Road Church, Baptist or of any particular denomination.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information to:
Please include “River Road Church Preschool” in the subject line.
For best consideration, resumes should be received by March 1, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. For questions, please call Katherine Whitney at (804) 282-9566. EEO.