Pie with Pastors
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
8:00 p.m., Zoom
Your pastoral staff want to visit with you! Cut your favorite slice of pie, get a scoop of ice cream, warm up a cookie, and get ready to have an evening chat with a minister and some of your fellow church members. This week we’ll be joined by Daniel Glaze.
For security reasons, RSVP is required to receive the Zoom link. Sign up by 4PM on Monday, September 14, and the link will be sent out via email at 5PM on Monday. Scroll down to find the sign up form.
Daniel Glaze fun facts:
- Cookies vs. Cake vs. Pie: Pie, always.
- Favorite instant pot dessert recipe? I don’t think I’ve ever made dessert in the instant pot, but send recipes my way…along with any samples!
- Book, Movie, or TV show recommendation: Chef’s Table: BBQ (Netflix). The storytelling and cinematography are amazing. Also, Andy Griffith Show.
- Have you learned anything new in quarantine? I’ve learned that my family loves me more when they don’t see me 24×7!
- What is something you’re excited about or looking forward to? I’m looking forward to a creative and unique fall of ministry and programs at River Road Church!
First time using Zoom? That’s okay!
- Pre-download Zoom here (it includes links to download mobile apps for Apple and Android devices).
- Unless you have a top notch internet connection at your home, it is recommended that other family members stay off internet during the Zoom (or at least do not stream video, play online games, etc.).
- For the same reason, you will probably only want one connection in the house to the Zoom meeting. In other words, spouses should share the same phone or computer instead of being on separate devices.
- If you lose your connection during the call, go back to the link provided above and log back in.
- When you initially log in, mute your microphone and open up the chat feature to type questions and comments. After the initial greeting, we’ll have you turn your microphones back on for conversation.