Saturday, December 2, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Chamberlayne Baptist Church
We are looking for volunteers to help paint the interior of a small house on the grounds of Chamberlayne Baptist Church. It’s two bedrooms, one bath, about 1200 sq.ft. In the past, the house has been used as a parsonage, and then as a youth center when it was called “The Spot.” The goal is to get it ready for BTSR student housing. Extensive remodeling has already been done, and it is ready for paint. Please contact Bill Rusher if you are interested (email@example.com or 804-335-4689).
Top 10 Reasons to Help Paint “The Spot”:
1. It’s for a sister church, Chamberlayne, where Chester Phelps was ordained, Bill Tuck recently served as Interim Pastor, and Kim Crowley’s husband, Chris, is the Director of Music.
2. It’s for Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond. The plan is for two BTSR students to live there, no charge, in exchange for interning at Chamberlayne.
3. It’s a good deal if you are a student and you need service hours to round out 2017.
4. You could help in the morning if you are an early riser or in the afternoon if you are a late sleeper.
5. It’s a good deal if you like the smell of paint in the morning (or the afternoon).
6. It’s a good deal if you want to learn the finer points of painting from an expert.
7. It’s a good deal if you are an expert painter and you are willing to teach someone.
8. Six volunteers would make a good showing. Twelve volunteers might be able to paint the whole thing.
9. The good folks at Chamberlayne are going to provide lunch for all our volunteers.
10. It’s for one day.