First Sunday Food Share
Donations for the Richmond Baptist Centers
Donation Drop Off
Sunday, October 2, 2022
Please note: designated volunteers will not be at the Lower Commons entrance to collect your donations. Please drop your groceries off in the green grocery cart located in the Lower Commons anytime on Sunday.
We hope you will continue to support our monthly food collections. The need for food in the Richmond area is still great. Our monthly food share collections help fill the pantries of the Richmond Baptist Centers. The South Richmond Baptist Center and the Church Hill Wellness Center have both reported that they have an increase of families in need of food. Please include the First Sunday Food Share during your trips to the grocery store.
If you are unable to drop off on October 2:
- You can drop off in the green grocery cart in the Lower Commons at anytime. (Please note, the Lower Commons is locked during the week—you will need to ring the bell/buzzer at the Lower Commons entrance, and someone from the church office or preschool office will grant access to the building.)
- You can contact Carol Cruickshanks to pick up from your home.
The food share team is in need of paper bags.
River Road Church has a long history of working in many capacities with our three Baptist Centers: Church Hill, Oregon Hill, and South Richmond. We have donated food and other needed items, and we have gone to the centers and provided services and care.
Suggested Shopping List:
- Cans of Vegetables (peas, green beans, corn)
- Cans of Fruit
- Cans of Soup
- Cans of Meat: small cans of tuna, chicken
- Cans of Pork and Beans or other Beans
- Canned Entrées (example: Spaghettios and ravioli)
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Packages of Powdered Milk
- Boxes of Cereal
- Boxes of Instant Oatmeal (individual packs)
- Dry Pasta
- Peanut butter
- Tomato Sauce
- Box of Sugar
Welborne Community Pantry
We encourage those who would like to continue donating to Welborne UMC food pantry to drop off their specified items directly to Welborne: 9:30-11:00 a.m. on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. If more convenient, you may drop off those bags of food on First Sunday Food Share, but please mark those bags with a LARGE W since they have specific food requests for Welborne. You can check Welborne’s Facebook for details and updates.