If you would like to print this post, please scroll to the bottom and click the ‘Print’ button in the ‘Share this’ section.
- 9:45 a.m.: Sunday School
- 11:00 a.m.: Worship, Sanctuary
- Children’s Church for completed kindergarten through completed second grade
Parents, bring your children to Sunday School early so you can meet their teachers. Adults, invite those you haven’t seen during the summer months to join you in your Sunday School class that day.
Be present in worship as we pray for and celebrate all those who learn and teach in our community, as well as those who support our educational, missional, and worship ministries at our church.
Return to the church in the early evening for a church-wide picnic. The picnic will include the deacons serving fried chicken and the rest of us providing sides and desserts.
Then we will hear from our summer teams about their summer experiences and adventures to PASSPORTkids!, Hands & Hearts Family Mission Trip, PASSPORT Youth, Vacation Bible School, Unidiversity, and Maine Mission Tour.
Sign up for the potluck by Wednesday, September 6. You may sign up online or by calling the Church Office.
Fall Church Work Day
Saturday, September 16
8:30 a.m., Plaza
The House and Grounds Committee is sponsoring an intergenerational church workday. We will meet on the Front Plaza and then disperse around the outside of the church for various tidy-up jobs. The jobs will vary for older preschoolers to adults. This is a great opportunity for families to come and be good stewards of their time, talents, and resources on behalf the church. A light breakfast of coffee, OJ, and pastries will be available. Please bring your work gloves, rakes, and other yard tools.
Dialogue for Parents & Families of College Students
Sunday, September 17
12:30 p.m., Reception Room
Parents and families of college students, particularly college freshman, are invited to a dialogue with Dan Bagby and Daniel Glaze. This is an opportunity to talk and share about any thoughts and feelings you may have, or ways we can be of support since your son or daughter went away to college. A snack lunch will be provided. Sign up by contacting the church office by September 13.
Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event (formerly Stop Hunger Now)
Saturday, September 23
9:30 a.m., Fellowship Hall
We will be packaging 10,000 meals for the Rise Against Hunger network. This is a great opportunity for children to participate alongside adults in a project that directly impacts the hungry in our community and around the world. Children 5 and older can participate in the event. Click here to register your family now!
Youth, Sunday Nights
Meeting with Parents & Youth
Sunday, September 17
6:00-6:45 p.m., Chapel Hall
Regular Schedule Begins
Sunday, September 24
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Youth Choir
- 6:00-6:15 p.m.: Snack Supper
- 6:15-6:45 p.m.: Youth Music
- 6:45-7:30 p.m.: Youth Bible Study
Thoughtful Faith Community (TFC)
Wednesdays, 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- River Road Camerata, 4:45 p.m., Choir Room
- Dinner, 5:15 p.m., Fellowship Hall
- Children’s Choirs, 6:00 p.m.
- Cherub Choir, Pre-K to Kindergarten, UC #232
- Carol Choir, 1st and 2nd Grades, Youth Choir Room
- Crusader Choir, 3rd-5th Grades, Choir Room
- TFC-Youth, 6:00 p.m., Youth Area
- TFC-Adults, 6:15 p.m., Assembly Room
- TFC-Kids, 6:45 p.m.
- Pre-K to 2nd Grades, CH #141
- 3rd to 5th Grades, Chapel Hall
- September 6: Recreation
- September 13: Missions Education
- September 20: Report from Ghana Visit
- September 27: Bible Story Lesson Week 1
Photos & Videos from Events:
- Chester Phelps’ at the Door – August 27, 2017
- Maine Mission Tour – August 2-13, 2017
- University Youth Camp – July 16-22, 2017
- Vacation Bible School – July 10-14, 2017
- Party on the Plaza – July 9, 2017
- Hands & Hearts Family Mission Trip – June 26-July 1, 2017
- Youth PASSPORT Camp – June 25-30, 2017
- PASSPORTkids! Camp – June 20-23, 2017
- Rise Against Hunger – June 17, 2017
- Worship & Graduate Recognition – June 11, 2017
Email pictures from youth events and activities to email@example.com.