If you would like to print this post, please scroll to the bottom and click the ‘Print’ button in the ‘Share this’ section.
- 9:00 a.m.: Youth & Adult Handbell Choir, Bell Room
- 9:20 a.m.: Children’s Choirs Makeup Rehearsal, Choir Room (by appointment)
- 9:45 a.m.: Sunday School
- 11:00 a.m.: Worship, Sanctuary
- Children’s Worship for grades 1 & 2
- 4:15 p.m.: Youth Handbell Choir, Bell Room
- 5:00 p.m.: Youth Choir, Youth Choir Room
- 5:45 p.m.: Youth Snack Supper, Fellowship Hall
- 6:15 p.m.: Youth Music, Fellowship Hall
- 6:45 p.m.: Youth Bible Study, Fellowship Hall
- 4:30 p.m.: River Road Camerata, Choir Room
- 5:30 p.m.: Wednesday Night Dinner, Fellowship Hall
- 6:00 p.m.: Children’s Choirs
- Crusader Choir – grades 3-5, Choir Room
- Carol Choir – grades 1 & 2, Youth Choir Room
- Cherub Choir – pre-k & kindergarten, UC #232
- 6:45 p.m.: Voice for Life, Choir Room
- 7:00 p.m.: Youth Choir Makeup Rehearsal, Choir Room (by appointment)
On October 9, the Pastor Search Committee unanimously recommended Dr. Glaze to the congregation. The church was given the opportunity to meet Daniel on October 13-15, through a series of planned events. And on Sunday, October 16 at a special business meeting, the church unanimously called Dr. Glaze to be the sixth pastor of River Road Church.
Daniel’s first day of work and first Sunday will be November 27, the First Sunday of Advent. We hope you will join us for worship on this special morning.
Intergeneration Fall Hike
Saturday, November 12
8:45 a.m., Pocahontas State Park
Just a half hour from our church, Chesterfield county has a gem of a park with fun for everyone in the family – young, old, and everyone in between.
Sunday, November 27
12:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
After worship, children of all ages and their families are invited to the ADVENTure lunch. This is an opportunity to gather in fellowship, to enjoy a meal around the tables, to provide some resources for families to use at home that will help you with Advent preparation, and to have an opportunity to learn more about the season of Advent. Reservations are required.
Youth Bulletin Board
Parents have requested that youth information be placed on a bulletin board located near the Youth Area. The board is next to the entrance of the Youth Area.. The monthly calendars and activities will be posted there for all to see beginning in September. Check it out!
Sundays, November 13 & 20, and December 4 & 11 9:00 a.m., Youth Area
This class is designed for any youth interested in joining River Road Church. The class will meet four times in the fall. The Baptismal Service is scheduled for Sunday, January 8, 2017. Please contact Chester Phelps (email@example.com or 804- 288-1131) if you or your child is interested.
College Care Packages
The church would like to send your college student a care package during exam week in December. We need their college address to make this possible. Please send the church the mailing address by November 20. The youth will pack and mail the boxes the first week of December.
Christmas Stores for the Church Hill Baptist Center
Deadline: Sunday, November 27
Please deliver your donations to the Missions Tables in the Upper or Lower Commons, or bring them to the ADVENTure Lunch after worship on November 27 for a teachable moment with our children.
- June 20-23: PASSPORTkids! Camp – Eagle Eyrie, Lynchburg, VA
- June 25-30: Youth PASSPORT Camp – Avertt University, Danville, VA
- June 25 – July 1: Hands & Hearts: Family Mission Trip – Nickelsville, VA
- July 10-14: Vacation Bible School
- July 17-22: Unidiversity – Knoxville, TN
- July 24-28: Music Camp with River Road Church, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, & All Saints Episcopal Church
- August 4-13: Youth & Adults Mission Tour – Farmington, ME
Email pictures from youth events and activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.