- 9:15 a.m.: Children’s Choirs Makeup Rehearsal, Choir Room
- 9:45 a.m.: Sunday School
- 11:00 a.m.: Worship, Sanctuary
- Children’s Worship for grades 1 & 2
- 5:00 p.m.: Youth Choir, Youth Choir Room [Only May 1, 15, & 22]
- 5:15 p.m.: Children’s Handbell Choir, Bell Room [Only May 1, 15, & 22]
- 6:00 p.m.: Youth Snack Supper, Fellowship Hall [Only May 15 & 22]
- 6:30 p.m.: Youth Gathering, Youth Area [Only May 15 & 22]
May 25 is the last Wednesday Night Programs until September.
- 4:30 p.m.: River Road Camerata, Choir Room
- 5:30 p.m.: Wednesday Night Dinner, Fellowship Hall
- 6:00 p.m.: Children’s Choirs [Extended rehearsal on May 18]
- 6:00 p.m.: Youth On the Road Again or Time of Prayer for Youth
Parents of Youth Meeting with Dan Bagby
Sunday, May 1
6:00 p.m., Assembly Room
This will be an information meeting to talk about the transition in Youth Ministry, summer schedules, and beyond.
Our 2016 graduates will be recognized on Sunday, June 5. If you or your child are graduating from High School, College, Graduate School, or Technical School and would like to share it with the congregation, please fill out the form online or email Sandi Bassett by Monday, May 23.
Worship Education for Kindergarteners
Sundays, May 15 – June 12, 10:00 a.m.
It’s important that we provide our kindergartners – those who will be coming to worship in the fall – some educational opportunities to learn about worship (why do we worship, what kinds of things do we do in worship, etc.). Each minister will take 15 minutes of the Sunday school hour to go to the Sanctuary to speak about different parts of worship: prayer, music, communion, baptism. We will also provide educational resources for parents about what we talked about so they can follow up. Children will meet in their classroom and be brought to the Sanctuary.
Children’s Musical: Elijah
Wednesday, May 25
6:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
Vacation Bible School
Children learn about the stories of Jesus, God’s unconditional love for all of God’s creation, and what it means to follow Jesus. VBS is truly an intergenerational celebration. Teenagers and adults are needed to provide important growing opportunities for children.
- Registration Opens May 17
- Sign Up to Volunteer Now
Stop Hunger Now
Saturday, May 21
9:30 a.m., Fellowship Hall
- 8-10 Volunteers are needed to assist with set up beginning at 8:00 am.
- At least 50 volunteers are needed to assist with the packaging of the meals.
- You do not need to volunteer for the full duration of the event. You can sign up to volunteer for a time that will suit your schedule.
- Children 5 and older can participate in the event.
If money is a concern for any of the trips, please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Kellett. Scholarships are available for those in need. Money should not be a reason your child can’t attend.
Hands & Hearts: A Family Mission Experience
Family Mission Trip
The Hands and Hearts Family Mission Trip will serve those in need in the area of Nickelsville, and the projects will be determined by the skills and passions of those who sign up. It may range from home repairs and light construction, to assisted living home visitation and food pantry assistance.
Youth PASSPORT Camp
June 26—July 1
This trip is open to all middle and high school students. There are only nine spaces remaining. A $50 deposit will reserve your space. Please contact Chester Phelps (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Youth Mission Tour
July 3-9 at Westover Baptist in Richmond
Open to all youth – Register with Chester Phelps (email@example.com).
Converse College in Spartanburg, SC
Open to all current 3rd-5th graders – Register with Michael Kellett (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a $50 deposit (total cost $225).
University of Tennessee
Open to all youth – Register with Michael Kellett by June 5. A $50 deposit will reserve your space.