Session 1: Welcome — “Our neighbors don’t all live next door.”
Church is a verb. It is not a building or a weekly gathering, but an active body working to change the world in Jesus’ name. Linking Bible study to global mission and local service projects, this five-week study during Lent will challenge us to discuss and act on the imperatives of Scripture. Each week, we will read and discuss a gospel story, watch a video profiling a world-changing mission effort, and envision together how we might change the world locally and globally.
The sessions, facilitated by Rev. Sheryl Johnson and Rev. Libby Grammer, will begin Feb 25 and run through the four Wednesday in March.
- Feb 25 – Welcome: Our neighbors don’t all live next door.
- Mar 4 – Feed: There really is enough to go around.
- Mar 11 – Heal: Everyone needs healing, and everyone can bring healing.
- Mar 18 – Rescue: God is not in the disaster, but in our response to it.
- Mar 25 – Go: You are God’s plan for changing the world.
Menu for Adults: Penne w. Grilled Chicken & Mushrooms, Garlic New Potatoes, Peas, Salad Bar, Biscuits, and Sugar Cookies
Menu for Children: Chicken Fingers, French Fries, and Sugar Cookies
Dinner reservations are required. Please make your dinner reservation by Monday, February 23 at 11:00 a.m. You may contact the Church Office, email Susan Young, fill out the form below, or place a reservation card in the offering plate on February 22.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Wednesday Night Dinner Reservation’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’# Adults’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Youth’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Children’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 2/25′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 3/4′ type=’checkbox’/][/contact-form]
Dinner will be held in the Lower Commons this week since we have CARITAS guests.
Regular Wednesday Schedule
- 5:15 p.m. Children’s dinner line opens
- 5:30 p.m. Adult dinner line opens
- 6:00 p.m. Children’s Choirs
- Cherub Choir, Preschool Area
- Carol Choir, Youth Choir Room
- Crusader Choir, Main Choir Room
- 6:00 p.m. Youth Group, Youth Area
- 6:30 p.m. Adult Program, Assembly Room or Fellowship Hall
- 6:30 p.m. Chancel Bell Choir, Bell Room