Session 2: Feed — “There really is enough to go around.”
Church is a verb. It is not a building or a weekly gathering, but an active body working to change the world in Jesus’ name. Linking Bible study to global mission and local service projects, this five-week study during Lent will challenge us to discuss and act on the imperatives of Scripture. Each week, we will read and discuss a gospel story, watch a video profiling a world-changing mission effort, and envision together how we might change the world locally and globally.
The sessions, facilitated by Rev. Sheryl Johnson and Rev. Libby Grammar, began February 25 and will run through the four Wednesday in March.
- Feb 25 – Welcome: Our neighbors don’t all live next door.
- Mar 4 – Feed: There really is enough to go around.
- Mar 11 – Heal: Everyone needs healing, and everyone can bring healing.
- Mar 18 – Rescue: God is not in the disaster, but in our response to it.
- Mar 25 – Go: You are God’s plan for changing the world.
Menu for Adults: Turkey Meatballs in Homestyle Gravy, Buttered Noodles, Corn Pudding, Salad Bar, Rolls, and Chocolate Pudding
Menu for Children: Hamburger or Hot Dog, French Fries, Applesauce, Salad Bar, and Chocolate Pudding
Dinner reservations are now closed. Please make your dinner reservations by 11:00 a.m. on Monday mornings.
Regular Wednesday Schedule
- 5:15 p.m. Children’s dinner line opens
- 5:30 p.m. Adult dinner line opens
- 6:00 p.m. Children’s Choirs
- Cherub Choir, Preschool Area
- Carol Choir, Youth Choir Room
- Crusader Choir, Main Choir Room
- 6:00 p.m. Youth Group, Youth Area
- 6:30 p.m. Adult Program, Assembly Room or Fellowship Hall
- 6:30 p.m. Chancel Bell Choir, Bell Room