Sunday, September 9, 2018
Sunday School, Worship, & Picnic
As we begin to look ahead at where God is leading this gathered community of faith called River Road, we will celebrate the past summer as well as the beginning of a new season, expressing our gratitude for all that makes us the people of God in this time and place.
- 9:40-10:00: Open House for Youth Sunday School
- 9:45-10:45: Sunday School (all ages)
- 11:00-12:00: Worship with Gratitude Celebration
Parents, bring your youth to Sunday School early so you can meet their teachers. Adults, invite those you haven’t seen during the summer months to join you in your Sunday School class that day.
Be present in worship as we pray for and celebrate all those who learn and teach in our community, as well as those who support our educational, missional, and worship ministries at our church.
- 5:00-5:15: Gather for potluck picnic
- 5:15-6:15: Food is served
- 6:30-7:15: Summer Presentations
- 7:15-8:00: Continued fellowship, games, etc.
Return to the church in the early evening for a church-wide picnic. The picnic will include the deacons providing fried chicken and the rest of us providing sides and desserts. Then we will hear from our church family about their summer experiences and adventures.
Potluck side dishes:
- A-J: bring a salad
- K-S: bring a starchy side
- T-Z: bring a dessert
Sign up for the potluck by Tuesday, September 4, 2018.