Sundays, July 31 – September 4
9:45 a.m., Assembly Room
The Catacombs Lectures is an annual series at the end of the summer sponsored by the Shepherd Bible Study class. The lectures take place during the Sunday School hour, but you do not have to be in a Sunday School class to attend the series.
We hope to record all the lectures, posting them the day after on our website to stream or download.
- July 31 – The Discovery Class presents a lecture: “The New Frontier: Generation X and Beyond in the 21st Century Church – An Open Dialogue”
- August 7 – The Life Class presents a lecture: “Back to the Future: A Discussion on Dr. Vernon Richardson’s 1965 Sermon ‘My Dream for this Church‘”
- August 14 – The Friendship Class presents a lecture by Tuckie Paxton & Fred Anderson: “Living in the Now: A Generation Looks at Faith & Life”
- August 21 – The Robert Smart Class presents a lecture: “Creating God?: Ethical Challenges of Artificial Intelligence”
- August 28 – The Shepherd Class presents a lecture by Rob James: “What Has Jeremiah’s Time Got to do with Our Time?”
- September 4 – A lecture by Tom Graves: “Two Pictures of My Father,” which will cover two generations at least