Sundays, August 2 – September 6
9:45 a.m., Assembly Room
The Catacombs Lectures is an annual series at the end of the summer sponsored by the Shepherd Bible Study class. The lectures take place during the Sunday School hour, but you do not have to be in a Sunday School class to attend the series.
One way to prepare for these lectures is to get a copy of Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande or get a copy of The Quest for a Good Death by William E. Hull.
And read Sheryl Johnson’s post, “Dealing With Death,” on why such this series is important to have and to attend.
We hope to record all the lectures, posting them the day after on our website to stream or download.
- August 2 – “The Complexity of Grief and Loss” by Dan Bagby
- August 9 – “Overview of Hospice and Palliative Care” by Seth Roberts
- August 16 – “Celebrating Lives and Comforting the Living” by Bernie Henderson (Woody Funeral Home)
- August 23 – “Have a Talk with Your Lawyer Before Saying Your Final Good-byes” by Dan Stevens
- August 30 – “Quest for a Good Death: Dealing with Ultimate Issues for Ourselves and Family” by Tom Graves
- September 6 – “The Beginning of Life from an Historical Perspective” by Libby Roberts