Sundays, August 3-31
9:45 a.m., Assembly Room
The Catacombs Lectures is an annual series at the end of the summer sponsored by the Shepherd Bible Study class. This year’s lectures will focus on Arts & Theology. The series will feature five speakers, members of our church. The lectures take place during the Sunday School hour, but you do not have to be in a Sunday School class to attend the series.
- August 3 – “Paintings & the Church” by Sue Hodder
- August 10 – “Philosophy & the Christian Church” by Tom Graves
- August 17 – “Thin Places, Those Places Where the Veil, Which (Normally) Separates the Sacred from the Secular, Becomes Very Thin” by Page Highfill
- August 24 – “The Intersection of Ballet & Christian Theology” by Sheila Marsh
- August 31 – “The Influence of Christianity on the Life & Music of J.S. Bach” by Seth Roberts