CARITAS is Coming October 15-22, 2016
We are hosting 32 women!
Sign Ups Available for Daily Needs:
- Wash Dishes – We’d like to serve our guests using non-disposables (plates, glasses, silverware). We need two people each night to help scrape plates, load the industrial dishwasher, and put away the clean dishes.
- Spend the Night – This can be two men, two women, married couples, or a parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
- Serve Dinner & Make Lunches on Wednesday, 10/19 – Dinner will be the menu the church is having for Wednesday night, and it is paid for. There is a need for volunteers to serve the meal and pack lunches.
At this time, we do not need additional volunteers or groups to make cookies, or serve dinner and prepare lunches (except Wednesday).
Sign Ups Available for Special Needs/Activities:
- Cot Set Up – Help set up the cots before the CARITAS guests arrive. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Set up will be on October 15, time TBA
- Cot Take Down – Help clean up the cots after the CARITAS guests depart. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Take Down will be on October 22, time TBA
- Hot Breakfast – We want to send off our CARITAS guests with a hot breakfast on Saturday, October 22. Please sign up if you would like to prepare and/or serve food on Saturday morning.
- Foot Ministry – Provide manicures and pedicures for the CARITAS guests on Thursday, October 20, 7:00 p.m.
- Prayer Scarves – We would like to give a prayer scarf to each CARITAS guest (40 guests) each time they stay with RRCB.
- Specialty/Additional Help – If you are available on a certain day and would like to plug in somewhere, please let us know, or if there is a special talent you would like to share with the CARITAS guests, please sign up. This can range from a spa night to Bible Study. If you’re interested, sign up and someone will be in touch with you to follow up.
- Nightly Arrival Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Morning Departure Time: 7:00 a.m.
- If you have any questions about CARITAS, please contact Deb Gray (804-512-1730).
- If you have any questions about Access ACS, please contact Cassandra Ducca (804-288-1131).
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. Learn more about the great things CARITAS is doing in our community by visiting their website and be inspired!