CARITAS is Coming October 10-17, 2015
We are hosting 40 men.
Sign Ups Available for Daily Needs:
- Serve Dinner & Make Lunches – One person from your Sunday School class or small group should sign up. This person will be the contact person for the class. (You can determine among yourselves who will actually be there.)
- Wash Dishes – New this year, we’d like to serve our guests using non-disposables (plates, glasses, silverware). We need two people each night to help scrape plates, load the industrial dishwasher, and put away the clean dishes.
- Bake 80 Cookies – We need 80 cookies per day for lunches: 40 ziploc bags with 2 cookies per bag. Please bring the cookies to the Church on the morning of an assigned day.
- Spend the Night – This can be two men, two women, married couples, or a parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
- General/Miscellaneous Help – If you are available on a certain day and would like to plug in somewhere, please let us know and someone will follow up with you on how you can help.
Sign Ups Available for Special Needs/Activities:
- Prayer Scarves – We would like to give a prayer scarf to each CARITAS guest (40 guests) each time they stay with RRCB.
- Cot Set Up – Help set up the cots before the CARITAS guests arrive. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Set up will be on October 10, time TBA.
- Cot Take Down – Help clean up the cots after the CARITAS guests depart. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Take Down will be on October 17, time TBA.
- Hot Breakfast – We want to send off our CARITAS guests with a hot breakfast on Saturday, October 17. Please sign up if you would like to prepare and/or serve food on Saturday morning.
- Specialty/Additional Help – If there is a special talent you would like to share with the CARITAS guests, please sign up. This can range from a spa night to Bible Study. If you’re interested, sign up and someone will be in touch with you to follow up.
- Nightly Arrival Time: 6:00 p.m.
- Morning Departure Time: 5:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions about CARITAS, please contact Deb Gray (804-512-1730).
- If you have any questions about Access ACS, please contact Cassandra Ducca (804-288-1131).
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. Learn more about the great things CARITAS is doing in our community by visiting their website and be inspired!