CARITAS is Coming February 21-28, 2015
We are hosting 40 women.
Please sign up to be a volunteer online. Online sign up is available through Access ACS. We have created Online Sign Up Instructions with three steps to help you use Access ACS. For more information about Access ACS please read Sheryl Johnson’s article, Accessing ACS: The Little Noticed Link.
Sign Ups Available for Daily Needs:
- Serve Dinner & Make Lunches – One person from your Sunday School class or small group should sign up. This person will be the contact person for the class. (You can determine among yourselves who will actually be there.)
- Washing Dishes – New this year, we’d like to serve our guests using non-disposables (plates, glasses, silverware). We need two people each night to help scrape plates, load the industrial dishwasher, and put away the clean dishes. (Training on the dishwasher is available from Sheryl Johnson.)
- Bake 80 Cookies – We need 80 cookies per day for lunches: 40 ziploc bags with 2 cookies per bag. Please bring the cookies to the Church on the morning of an assigned day.
- Spending the Night – This can be two men, two women, married couples, or a parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
- General/Miscellaneous Help – If you are available on a certain day and would like to plug in somewhere, please let us know and someone will follow up with you on how you can help.
Sign Ups Available for Special Needs/Activities:
- Cot Set Up – Help set up the cots before the CARITAS guests arrive. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Set up will be on February 21 at 12:15 p.m.
- Cot Take Down – Help clean up the cots after the CARITAS guests depart. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Take Down will be on February 28 at 11:30 a.m.
- Foot Ministry – We will give manicures and pedicures to the CARITAS guests one night. The Spa Night will be on Thursday, February 26 (time TBA).
- Hot Breakfast – We want to send off our CARITAS guests with a hot breakfast on Saturday, February 28. Please sign up if you would like to prepare and/or serve food on Saturday morning.
- Specialty/Additional Help – If there is a special talent you would like to share with the CARITAS guests, please sign up. This can range from a spa night to Bible Study. If you’re interested, sign up and someone will be in touch with you to follow up.
- Nightly Arrival Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Morning Departure Time: 7:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions about CARITAS, please contact Deb Gray (804-512-1730).
- If you have any questions about Access ACS, please contact Cassandra Ducca (804-288-1131).
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. Learn more about the great things CARITAS is doing in our community by visiting their website and be inspired!