CARITAS is February 17-24, 2018
We are hosting 32 women!
Please sign up to be a volunteer using the form below. No log in required.
Sign Ups Available for Daily Needs:
- Bake 64 Cookies – We need 64 cookies per day for lunches: 32 ziploc bags with 2 cookies per bag. Please bring the cookies to the church on the morning of an assigned day.
- Spend the Night – This can be 2 men, 2 women, married couples, or a parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
Sign Ups Available for Special Needs/Activities:
- Cot Set Up – Help set up the cots before the CARITAS guests arrive. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Set up will be on February 17, at 11:45AM
- Cot Take Down – Help clean up the cots after the CARITAS guests depart. This can go toward your child’s volunteer hours. The Cot Take Down will be on February 24, at 9AM
- Spa Night – Help give pedicures and haircuts to the CARITAS guests. Contact Judy Collins for more information. The Spa Night will be on Thursday, February 22, at 7:30PM
- Hot Breakfast – Help send off the CARITAS guests will a warm meal on the last morning at RRCB. Volunteers are needed to cook/bring food as well as serve breakfast. The Hot Breakfast will be on Saturday, February 24 at 6:00AM.
- Specialty/Additional Help – If you are available on a certain day and would like to plug in somewhere, please let us know, or if there is a special talent you would like to share with the CARITAS guests, please sign up. This can range from a spa night to Bible Study. If you’re interested, sign up and someone will be in touch with you to follow up.
- Unopened/unused travel-sized toiletries
- Twin sheets
Please bring donations to the designated collection bins at the Missions Tables in the Upper and Lower Commons.
- Nightly Arrival Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Morning Departure Time: 7:15 a.m.
- If you have any questions about CARITAS, please contact Deb Gray.
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. Learn more about the great things CARITAS is doing in our community by visiting their website and be inspired!
Please contact Deb Gray to see what opportunities are remaining!