CARITAS is February 16-23, 2019
We are hosting 32 women!
Please sign up to be a volunteer using the form below. No log in required.
Sign Ups Available for Daily Needs:
- Bake 64 Cookies – We need 64 cookies per day for lunches: 32 ziploc bags with 2 cookies per bag. Please bring the cookies to the church on the morning of an assigned day.
- Spend the Night – This can be 2 men, 2 women, married couples, or a parent and their youth. It requires making coffee, setting out a Continental breakfast in the morning, and handing out the packed lunches.
Sign Ups Available for Special Needs/Activities:
These activities can go toward your child’s volunteer hours.
- Cot Set Up – Set up the cots before the on Saturday, February 16, at 10:30AM.
- Cot Take Down – Clean up the cots on Saturday, February 23, at 9:30AM.
- Pack Lunches – Prepare and pack lunches on Saturday, February 16 at 11:30AM, and on Wednesday, February 20 at 7:00PM.
- Serve Dinner – The church is providing the meal, but volunteers are needed to serve it on Wednesday, February 20 at 7:00PM, after TFC programming.
- Spa Night – Give pedicures and manicures to the CARITAS guests on Thursday, February 21, at 7:30PM. Contact Judy Collins for more information.
- Hot Breakfast – Send off the CARITAS guests will a warm meal on Saturday, February 23 at 6:00AM. Volunteers are needed to cook/bring food as well as serve breakfast.
- Unopened/unused travel-sized toiletries
- Twin sheets
Please bring donations to the designated collection bins at the Missions Tables in the Upper and Lower Commons.
- Saturday, February 16: Life Class (dinner only; lunch volunteers needed)
- Sunday, February 17: Youth Group
- Monday, February 18: Friendship Class
- Tuesday, February 19: New Horizons Class
- Wednesday, February 20: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Thursday, February 21: Robert Smart Class
- Friday, February 22: Discovery Class
- Nightly Arrival Time: 6:45 p.m.
- Morning Departure Time: 6:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions about CARITAS, please contact Deb Gray.
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. Learn more about the great things CARITAS is doing in our community by visiting their website and be inspired!