Adult Wednesday Night Program
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
6:30 p.m., Sanctuary
We prepare for the pivotal church season of Lent with our Ash Wednesday Service of Worship. Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, the season of spiritual renewal leading up to Easter. The accent in Lent is upon repentance for sin and preparation for sharing in the death and resurrection of Christ. In this service we express sorrow for the ways in which we as Christians have not lived into the fullness of our calling. Yet in the service, we also glimpse a greater vision of who we might be to one another and how we might live in our world.
The service will include the imposition of ashes for those who wish to receive them, as well as the celebration of Holy Communion.
- February 17 – March 2, March 16: Lenten Series – Back to Basics: Spirituality & Faith with Libby Grammer
- March 9: State of the Church Chat with Dan Bagby
Menu for Adults & Children: Beef Stew, Cornbread, Salad Bar, & Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
Dinner Cost: $7/Adults, $7/Youth, $3/Children, $20/Family Max
Dinner reservations are required. Please make your dinner reservation by Monday, January February 8 at 11:00 a.m. You may contact the Church Office, email Susan Young, fill out the form below, or place a reservation card in the offering plate on February 7.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Wednesday Night Dinner Reservation’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’# Adults’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Youth’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’# Children’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 2/10′ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Dinner on 2/17′ type=’checkbox’/][/contact-form]
Regular Wednesday Schedule
- 4:30 p.m. River Road Camerata
- 5:15 p.m. Children’s dinner line opens
- 5:30 p.m. Adult dinner line opens
- 6:00 p.m. Children’s Choirs
- Cherub Choir, Preschool Area
- Carol Choir, Youth Choir Room
- Crusader Choir, Main Choir Room
- 6:00 p.m. Youth Pause, Youth Area
- 6:30 p.m. Adult Program, Assembly Room or Fellowship Hall
- 6:30 p.m. Chancel Bell Choir, Bell Room