Each year, one of our Thoughtful Faith Community evenings, entails expressing our thanks to all who teach in Sunday school at our church. We recognize and thank them, as well as offer special thanks to one individual who is celebrated as Educator of the Year. While we are not meeting on Wednesday nights in person, we are continuing our series of events in new and different ways. So, this year, we are having a virtual celebration.
You are invited to participate.
If you will, take a few minutes to offer thanks to your Sunday school teacher or leader by email, dropping a card in the mail, texting, or with a quick call of thanks. Maybe your class wants to do something together when you meet on Zoom? This is a nudge to help you find the best ways that suit you and your class to offer thanks and celebrate your educator.
This year, Ed Pruden, has been selected as our Educator of the Year!
You are invited to celebrate him in a couple of special ways. A video is being put together to be shown on Wednesday, May 27. We would love to include 15-second clips from anyone interested in offering one that simply offers a “thank you” to him. You can record on your phone, and then upload it directly to the church before the deadline of May 20. When recording, please hold your phone horizontally or have someone hold the phone if possible, speak clearly, and record in a quiet and well-lit space.
Click here to submit your video (please do not send via email).
- That will open in the web browser of your phone.
- Tap the green button that says “Add Photos.”
- Tap Photo Library (video will be there)
- Then select All Photos (video) (unless you have the pictures organized in a separate folder, then select that folder)
- Then scroll through your pictures, tapping the ones you want to use. You will see a blue check mark in the bottom right corner of the picture if it is selected.
- Once you finish selecting pictures (video), tap “Done” at the top right.
- It will then show you the upload process and give you a giant green check mark when it is done.
Sunday, May 24, 2020
2:15 p.m., North Parking Lot
On Sunday, May 24, we will have a parade of cars from RRCB that will travel past Ed Pruden’s house (he lives VERY close to church). We recognize some members are quarantined and unable to get out and you will be missed. Please find your own special way to offer words of affirmation to Ed Pruden, and doing so may just lift your spirits, too.
We will begin gathering at 2:15 p.m. in the North Parking Lot for a 2:30 p.m. departure. Please sign up below. We are asking for sign-ups to be prepared for the number of cars in the parade. Parade instructions will be emailed prior to the parade.
FYI: The families of youth and children are having a Scavenger Hunt at 3:00 p.m. so this should fit your schedule and make it easy to go participate in that as well.