Choir Pilgrimage — UK 2019
Choir Pilgrimage to the West of England
August 4-13, 2019
In 2019, members and friends of our River Road choirs will have the opportunity to lead worship for Evensong and Eucharist services at Bristol Cathedral, Tewkesbury Abbey, Bath Abbey, and Gloucester Cathedral.
This choir tour will allow us to participate in the worship and prayer life of Christian churches located in the picturesque West Country of England.
This musical and spiritual pilgrimage is not just for singers: traveling friends who do not sing are also most cordially invited to join us as guests, listeners, and fellow worshipers.
Young trained singers are welcome. Non-singing children may also join us. There must be an adult chaperone assigned to children (age 17 and below) at a ratio of 1 adult per 2 children.
Details concerning deposits, cost of bus transportation to Dulles Airport, and airfare will be sent to you as they become available.
We hope that you are inspired by the possibility of worshiping in four of the most beautiful churches in England, and that you will consider being part of the tour.
The Tour will be managed by Richardson and Gray. Richardson and Gray managed the tour for the River Road Choir in 2014, and once again, will be taking care of all our travel and hotel accommodations, sight-seeing activities, and singing engagements.
River Road Choristers rehearsing at Canterbury Cathedral
2014 Canterbury Residency
Tour Costs, Airfare, and Payment Information
Tour Cost (not including airfare)
Costs are based on the number of travelers
- $2,518: 30-34 paying
- $2,420: 35-39 paying
- $2,349: 40-44 paying
- $2,290: 45 + paying
Included in Tour Cost
- 8 nights bed and breakfast in the Francis Hotel
- Arrangement of all concerts
- Four evening dinners
- One pub lunch
- Transportation by private coach
- All excursions and admissions as listed
- Clive Richardson and Ann Gray will be your tour directors
NOT Included in Tour Cost
- Lunches and drinks other than water with evening meals
- Four evening meals
- We find that people prefer some meals at their leisure in restaurants of their choice
- Optional gratuities/tips
- Private travel and health insurance
Deposit Schedule (including estimate airfare)
With estimated tour cost of $2420, and estimated airfare of $1175 per person. Flights will be scheduled by Richardson and Gray. All deposits are non-refundable.
- $350 due August 16, 2018
- Flights scheduled by Richardson and Gray
- $570 due October 1, 2018
- $750 due February 1, 2019
- $1,170 due March 1, 2019
- $755 due May 1, 2019
Registration Deadline: August 16, 2018
- Please fill out the interest form below by August 16, 2018.
Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Departure from the U.S. to London
Monday, August 5, 2019
Arrival and transfer to Bath
- 8 nights at the Francis Hotel
- You will be met at Heathrow Airport by Clive and Ann, your tour directors, where your luxury coach will be waiting
- En route to Bath, we will visit Stonehenge
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Wells and Glastonbury
Thursday, August 8, 2019
- S.S. Great Britain (Brunel)~Museum Ship
- Tour of Bristol Cathedral
- Evensong concert in Bristol Cathedral
Friday, August 9, 2019
- Clive’s battlefield walk of the 1471 Battle of Tewkesbury
- Guided tour of Tewkesbury Abbey
- Evensong in Tewkesbury Abbey
Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Free time in Bath
- Service in Bath Abbey
Sunday August 11, 2019
- 11:15 a.m. Eucharist
- 3:30 p.m. Evensong in Bath Abbey
Monday, August 12, 2019
Gloucester and Cotswolds
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Return home
- Transfer to airport for flight back home
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.